Our retreat center offers:
- Lectures and courses to all those who are interested in Diamondway Buddhism
- The possibility for meditation retreats for practitioners of the Karma Kagyü lineage
The center is operated by the Karma Kagyü Foundation (an umbrella organization of the Karma Kagyü/Diamondway Centers of German speaking Switzerland) and supported by many volunteers from neighboring countries as well as the rest of Switzerland.
Our goal is to foster access to Buddhist teachings and the practice of the Buddhist Diamondway (Sanskrit: Vajrayana) to laymen.
You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not receive our confirmation within one week, please call us at +41 (0)55 611 21 31.
Our lectures and courses are open to anyone interested in Buddhism. Our Saturday lectures are particularly well suited for newcomers (except the Dharma weekends that start on Friday). Lectures and explanations on basic and fundamental Buddhist topics start at 20.15 h and are followed by a group meditation (in German).
*** Single or couple retreats (open, half-open or closed) are exclusively for lay practitioners of the Karma Kagyü Lineage. Who have been practicing meditation for some time already and who regularly visit one of our Kagyu Buddhist centers.
Forms of retreats:
• Single or couple retreats (open, half open or closed retreats) ***
• Group or Center retreats
• Once a month, we have a retreat weekend where we meditate together (each practicioner doing his or her individual practice, though)
• Meditation course
• Weekend course with one of our Western Dharma teachers
• Swiss summer course with Lama Ole Nydahl
• Study course
Elephant club (3-12 year old kids):
Regular child care at courses or retreat weekends
Details see under “Events”
Further possibilities for practitioners of the Karma Kagyu Lineage
• Mandala days for centers / regions
• Host weekends
• Working group meetings / strategy meetings